Terpene Recipe: cannabis essence infused whipped cream & CBD eggnog (dairy-free)
It’s impossible to separate the holidays from the nostalgic aromas and flavors that come with them. Sure, holiday music playing everywhere you go 24/7 may get annoying, but do the smells of Balsam pine, roasted chestnuts, cinnamon, and spiced cider ever get old? We have terpenes to thank for many of these signatures aromas that fill the air every December and inspire the holiday spirit in us all.
At Lab Effects, we revel in flavors and aromas that turn the ordinary into extraordinary. Since that’s what the holidays are all about, we wanted to share a fresh take on classic seasonal flavors we find most compelling. If you’re looking for a recipe to stand out at your next holiday party, look no further. Our recipe for cannabis essence whipped cream (infused with our water-miscible terpenes) and CBD egg-nog (dairy-free) will be the buzz of the party! *not that kind of buzz, none of these ingredients contain THC!
Cannabis whipped cream (dairy-free + THC free)
- 1 (14oz) can of coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp of powdered sugar (to taste)
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 35-40 drops of cannabis essence water-miscible terpenes by Lab Effects (to taste)
- Open coconut cream or milk, cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Chill mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer (at least 30 minutes).
- Add the coconut cream to the chilled mixing bowl.
- Whisk or beat the coconut cream with beaters (for best results use a mixer).
- Whisk until the texture is smooth and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and cannabis essence terpenes, whisk or beat with a mixer (low speed).
- Cover and refrigerate the coconut whipped cream for 24 hours (up to a few days; the longer it is chilled the thicker it will be).
CBD eggnog (dairy-free)
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 3 dates
- 1/2 cup coconut milk full fat, canned
- 1 tsp vanilla (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp of maple syrup (optional based on desired sweetness)
- 2 cups of sweetened vanilla cashew or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4-5 pumps of CBD Pure Drops (liquid drink mix) by Balanced Biology
Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour mixture into cups, top with the cannabis essence whipped cream or sprinkle nutmeg/cinnamon on top and serve.
- Pro-tip: add a cinnamon stick for a festive garnish!
Wholesale Water Soluble Terpenes
Interested in using water-miscible terpenes to enhance your cocktails, mocktails, or food recipes? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.
Previously, terpenes were only utilized in oil-based applications. Now they can be formulated with any water-based or alcohol recipe as well. Lab Effects offers water-miscible terpenes using a unique micelle technology that allows us to seamlessly fold any terpene profile into a water-based product through an advanced nano-emulsified microencapsulation technique.