Terpene Recipe: Mint Pea Nage Infused with β-pinene
What happens when you introduce botanical terpenes into the kitchen?
Brand new flavors and an immersive aromatic dining experience.
Throughout our ongoing beverage & culinary series with Travis Petersen (The Nomad Cook), he discovered the nuanced flavor opportunities afforded by both botanical terpenes and cannabis-derived terpene essence. Utilizing different formats, from water miscible to high-speed flowable powder terpenes, The Nomad Cook has created cocktails, sauces, dressings, and much more.
This month’s terpene recipe offering features the sometimes spicy, sometimes herbal complex aromas of beta-pinene, in a light and versatile mint pea nage.
Try this easy 4-step recipe and let us know what you think!
1 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
1 Cup Frozen Peas
1 Cup Fennel (Small Chop)
1 Cup Spinach
3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
1 Leek – Bottom Part (Diced)
2 Cups White Chicken Stock
50mg CBD Global’s CBD isolate
3 drops Beta-Pinene
1. Bring the stock just to a boil and remove from heat.
2. Heat a frying pan to medium-low and add grapeseed oil. Add fennel, season with salt & pepper and cook until it becomes soft. Add garlic at the end and lightly toss. Remove from heat.
3. Using a blender or Vitamix, puree the cooked garlic fennel, frozen peas, mint, lemon juice, salt, pepper and stock. Using a fine mesh strainer, pass the puree through into a separate bowl.
4. Add CBD Oil and Beta-Pinene to puree.
5. Serve at room temperature! (If you reheat this sauce, the beta-pinene will evaporate and you may lose some of the CBD potency).
Pairs well with poached seafood! Enjoy!
The Nomad Cook chose beta-pinene as the terpene infusion for this dish due to its fresh and earthy aroma, along with its long list of therapeutic benefits. Because beta-pinene can be sourced from a variety of herbal sources, including dill, parsley, and rosemary, it was a natural choice to enhance the light, bright notes of mint and dill.
Beta-Pinene Chemical Properties:
- FLASH POINT: 95°F/35°C
- BOILING POINT: 331°F/166°C
- CAS#: 127 – 91 – 3
- MOLECULAR FORMULA: C10H18O
Beta-pinene therapeutic effects:
- ANALGESIC: PAIN RELIEF
- ANTIBACTERIAL: SLOWS AND COMBATS BACTERIAL GROWTH
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY: REDUCES SYSTEMATIC INFLAMMATION IN THE BODY
- ANTI-PROLIFERATIVE: INHIBITS CANCER CELL GROWTH
- ANTIOXIDANT: PREVENTS OXIDATION DAMAGE TO MOLECULES AND CELLS IN THE HUMAN BODY
- NEUROGENERATIVE: PROMOTES THE HEALTH OF NEUROLOGICAL ACTIVITY AND HEALTHY BRAIN FUNCTION
- BRONCHODILATOR: INCREASE AIRFLOW TO THE LUNGS
Wholesale Water Soluble Terpenes
Previously, terpenes were only utilized in oil-based applications. Now they can be formulated with any water-based or alcohol recipe as well. Lab Effects offers water-miscible terpenes using a unique micelle technology that allows us to seamlessly fold any terpene profile into a water-based product through an advanced nano-emulsified microencapsulation technique.
Interested in using water-miscible terpenes to enhance your cocktails, mocktails, or food recipes? Email us at email@example.com or leave a comment below.